1. I Got A Name - Jim Croche, Invincible Soundtrack
I love, love, love this song. I don't know if my dad used to play this song when I was growing up but somehow whenever it plays it brings me back to my earliest years, It reminds me of the big wood cabinet General Electric stereos. Our green shag carpet. Plaid couches. Alternately triumphant, wandering. "I Got a Name" was the theme song for the film Invincible starring Mark Wahlberg. I love that movie.
2. Style- Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift is fun. L does not like her music and declares a Taylor Swift free zone. Whateve! I like her old Hollywood glam, retro vibe, her signature cat eye makeup and classic red lips. I'd love to go to a Taylor Swift concert.
3. For You- Serena Ryder
I rarely go to concerts, but I went to Sererna Ryder's and fell in love. Swoon. I had to buy her album. Her dusky-throated mountain-top voice is so heartfelt and deep. She has something like eleventy-seven octaves in her range, and fires them all at you in concert. Her songs play tricks on you, because they start out light and gentle and before you realize it you’re moving to the music.
4. Life for Rent- Dido
The music of Dido reminds me of me twenties. I played her music non-stop then. For that I keep her around. Although gee this song is a little depressing. Very few singers I know almost all the words to their songs and when I'm in the car by myself I like to pretend I can sing.
5. Skyfall- Adele
Oh this song is so James Bond. I love to play Adele when I do my hair and makeup. Is that odd?
6. Like a Fool- Kiera Knightly Begin Again soundtrack.
Who knew Kiera Knightly could sing? I love acoustic singing so it was no wonder I loved her voice on the Begin Again soundtrack. It's raw, hesitant, unique and somewhat of an enchanting, fragile, folky mix. She reminds me of Suzanne Vega.
7. All I Want For Christmas is Us- Tristan Prettyman & Jason Mraz
Somehow Christmas music always comes up when I shuffle. Usually classical too. I'm surprised we haven't a full mix of classical and Christmas Music here. I love Tristan's smoky alto. I'm a huge fan of Jason Mraz and his influence is felt. Can you already tell I love singer songwriter acoustic type music? This was a new found favorite Christmas song that I'm sure will play prominently this next year again when I can figure out how to separate the Christmas music into its own playlists.
8. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
I often play this album when I'm puttering around the kitchen. I like the emotive ballads. It almost has an acoustic feel with the piano and string instruments.
9. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody- Fergie, Q-Tip, GoonRock
This one...oh hello, not my usual acoustic, folky fare! It's from the soundtrack The Great Gatsby, which was the best for its 1920s Art Deco glam vibe. This song is fun to get your dance party on.
10. My Desire - Jeremy Camp
I like the music of Jeremy Camp. He's got a deep voice and it ushers you into worshipful reverence.
I included the links to youtube versions of these songs for your listening pleasure. Do you have plans for the Labor Day weekend? What current tunes are you listening to?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.