But then I was out shopping this morning and it became clear to me that my guilty pleasure is buying books for the baby. Somehow I am just drawn to these board books. I love all the colours, illustrations, and think oh what fun we will have reading together. It's an expensive habit. I really should be buying items off the safety, or baby care list or saving up for those bigger ticket items like infant car seats, strollers, exercaucers (not really sure what that is yet actually).
Oh but they are lovely!

These I picked because they were all once banned books. So it fits my reading challenge banned books category and my baby will be clever exposed to the value of free and open access of information. Did you know Winnie the Pooh was once banned also? It's unbelievable really that a book like Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? would be banned except that the author had the same name as a known communist during the Cold War era.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.