Thursday, September 24, 2015

My Beautiful Mama: A Guest Makeup Post

So I had to rercuit my mom to contribute to my guest blog post because...well there was no one else. But its okay because she loves me. I was  a little disappointed that I didn't have anyone email me but I'm over it now. I'm a little behind on the blog-tember challenge. I'm learning a little bit about my ability to post every day.

So here goes the make-up edition guest post according to my mom. I interviewed her over the phone while my dad drove. They were on their way to the farmer's market. She was lively telling me about her chickens. Apparently an animal got in over night and killed ten. She thinks it was a marmot. You would have thought she would be down and out but she had all sorts of plans to shore up her chicken coop and prevent it from ever happening again.


So let's get started! I asked her the questions from this post.

Oh my! Probably when I went out to work for the first time, about 19, I started to wear makeup. I taught myself to apply it. I wore Covergirl, eyeliner and mascara then. I used to think my lips were my best feature. (My mom has a knack for wearing lipstick. It looks great on her.) I would try to disguise my ears, oh this is about makeup! well my nose then. I used to think Princess Diana was beautiful, my beauty inspiration. My favorite place to buy makeup is London Drugs. I can't remember my favorite product, its expensive! Forty dollars a tube. I'll call you later and tell you what it is. To make my make-up last longer in the summer I add an expensive sunscreen into it and blend the two. It helps me not to get a rash. (She has a mild form of rosacea.) Five minutes at the tops, maybe two I spend getting ready in the morning, Always I wash it off with soap and water. Always! Last month I had a rash on my right eye. I was nervous about using eye-makeup, I try but it is intimidating. As I've gotten older my face is dry. I'd use coconut oil [on the desert island] to moisturize because it feels so good and my face doesn't hurt. [Mom you could probably make coconut oil on the desert island!] My mom and grand mother never wore makeup.  [My husband] tells me I look good. It's a sign of love. If I did [wear too much makeup] he would say what's that on your face. No, I've never been to Sephora. Where is that? Do you go there? What do you buy? [Do you see where I get my curiosity from?]


Thank you to my beautiful Mama!



Brave Love Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks