I love my kitchen in our new build. I think it hits all the boxes in terms of how I imagined & planned it would all look. I shared these photos on Instagram but I thought I'd share them here too. I adore the lights above the island & how large the island is.
We decided to go with a hex tile for our backsplash last minute also rather than the penny tile as mentioned earlier since it was closer to what I had hoped for- it just took us visiting a number of tile stores to find the right ones & purchasing ourselves rather than having the local supplier the builder contracted provide. They are made by Tierra Sol.
I am so glad we decided to add the large window beside the dining room table even if there would be another house built beside us. I love windows & light spaces. As it turns out right where the window meets the next house is where their deck is so we will get great light still. It's a little awkward to be eating breakfast and look up & see builders or the new home owners on their deck but in time I will add in some shears or some kind of window treatment. I have yet to decide on window treatments &/or make new drapes. Also we are yet waiting on the microwave/trim kit for the oven wall combo. It was back ordered but should arrive this month sometime.
I had envisioned a more industrial bar stool/chair but these are very comfortable and were a fraction of the price.
Here are some links back to the planning process:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.