Friday, July 01, 2016

Happy Canada Day!

In our community today activities for Canada Day included a community pancake breakfast, music in the park in the afternoon , and fireworks in the evening. We're fancy like this.



 We elected to have friends over for pancakes, blueberries, and maple syrup. Real maple syrup. Mmmm

Then we went to the park to listen to bands play in the amphitheater. If you own a food truck meant for foodies please move to my city. I settled for a hotdog over a cheese burger, hamburger, or taco in a bag as I'm also frugal--well not entirely as otherwise I would have packed my own snacks. We were attacked by mosquitos. I thought I'd also be productive and return my library books on our Canada Day excursions. Alas the library was closed on this fine holiday and my library fines continue to amass. 

 
 

L came home from work and as he missed out on our earlier Canada Day festivities I thought I'd make for him some pancakes also - this time with strawberries. What do you think of my pancake batter maple leaf skills? Haha

 
Baby J is still too young for fireworks but perhaps I can catch a glimpse from my patio this evening while enjoying a chilled beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks