Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Baby #2

 

Plans are underway for Baby #2... 

...if any of you are ever reading my blog wondering if you should consider IVF...my advice is to start now because it is never as straightforward as you may expect and there are always a few delays & unexpected loops ahead...but it is so worth it! 

We actually started a few months back already contacting the clinic. We knew it would take a long time so we decided to get the process started. Baby J is almost seven months now, but I have come to learn that it will take several months before another FET (frozen embryo transfer) cycle is offered so in all likelihood baby J will be a year old or older before we are pregnant with our second. We would like to have our littles close in age & because I am already 38 it would be prudent to have a second before I get much older.

Because it has been a year since we last were at the clinic we were informed we needed a new doctor's referral. So after making that appointment we sent in that information and waited. We then received a call & letter for our doctor with next steps. The next steps include the pre-screening investigation tests to be completed. These include a pelvic ultrasound with antral follicle count which can be completed mid cycle & the HSG or Hysterosalpinogram which needs to be completed between days 7-10 of your cycle. It's all complicated with scheduling & knowing when Aunt Flow intends to show up, especially since I have PCOS my cycles are rarely regular.

I've had the pelvic ultrasound completed. And was to have the HSG completed but was to call in on day 1 of my cycle to schedule it, except the radiology technician is away on holidays for those days, and as I live in a small city on the Prairies, there is only one individual who is able to perform this procedure in my community. So I have another month to wait.

Finally after all these tests are completed we will be offered treatment approximately 1-3 months after we have been placed on the active waiting list. Luckily we are on the active waiting list as I have been a previous patient of the clinic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks