Sunday, July 31, 2016

Life Lately

Sometime earlier this week...

L gets up at 5 for work & I finally get up at 5:20 to make his lunch & have an early morning coffee with him. J hears us banging around in the kitchen because no matter how quiet I try to be I always seem to make noise. Today was no exception - I cut a slice of birthday cake for L for his lunch and set the lid of the glass cake cover off balance on the plate and it banged onto the granite. Of course that woke J & so that meant she needed to be fed. After feeding J & wishing L a good day at work I can often have J get an extra hour of sleep. I should really be productive & work out or read a novel or even paint my toe nails but I'm just so tired so I crawl back into bed. And yet I can't sleep, probably that early morning coffee, so I zoom around the internet aimlessly. This morning my curiosity was piqued by a book mentioned about Exploring Nature with Children & a bloggers video about their weekend in Chicago. I'd like to make videos on iMovie. Or travel to Chicago & eat deep dish pizza & see a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Or do both.

Today I was to have an appointment to set up an RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) at the bank for J but over the weekend we had a massive hail storm that smashed in the glass sunroof of our Venza- so I can't drive it until we have had all the glass cleaned out & the insurance adjusters look at it. So J & I are having to stay close to home. The hail storm was epic. I've never experienced anything like that before. L said it was raining & then it got really quiet all of a sudden. He thought it was a tornado as there have been several weather alerts this summer in Saskatchewan for tornados. He quickly woke me & told me to get J- by that time the hail has started. It was so loud banging against our house. He quickly shut the windows in the bedrooms, but not before a hail stone hit the screen and popped it out of the window. Then he raced to find the keys & move the vehicles into the garage. We are kicking ourselves for not having had the vehicles in the garage-- but we didn't know we would have hail. It was too late & the cars had been peppered with hail. They look like they got too close to a driving range. The hail even punched golf ball sized holes in the siding of our house & dented up the eaves troughs. 

Yes, it's true, we can finally park our cars in our garage- barely. Much of the boxes have been moved inside. That's not to say all the boxes have been unpacked yet. I might rank among the slowest to unpack. I have somehow lost the book All the Light We Cannot See that I was reading which derailed my reading efforts, as in my brain, I need closure on that book before I read another. I finally this past week ordered another copy through the library, and now it is in, but I am without wheels. Likely in the same box is the missing camera for the baby monitor. At first that delayed my efforts to transition J to her crib, but she had outgrown her bassinet so it was time when my family came to visit to move her. She's only a hop & skip down the hall & I can really hear when she moves in her crib from my bed. I just can't see her. It would be great to have the monitor so I could read on the deck while she is napping but I think I'll just live with not having the monitor until I find & open that box because to replace the monitor would be expensive as I found it on Black Friday at half price. I find Baby J in all sorts of new positions in the crib & wonder how she managed to get from the top of the crib to the bottom & be turned that way. She insists on sleeping on her tummy or her side now, which at first left me sleepless checking on her all the time, righting her to her back--and waking her in the process. It was miserable and I worried about sleep regression as previously she had been sleeping through the night.

My entire family came to visit in July! We hosted Christmas in July as it was our turn to host Christmas, but also for my family to meet J. Traveling in the winter can be dangerous. L also works this Christmas. I sent out invites on paperless post earlier in the year to my family with an itinerary of all the fun we would have. Paperless post is so fun! If you have an event to plan, or like to send cards, do try paperless post. This is not a sponsored advert but because I think it's awesome! We had heaps of fun and I will make a post shortly about our family vacation. 

I have lots of post thoughts I've been meaning to write on yet including an update on Js torticollis, and my porch project. I haven't updated you all on being rear ended at an intersection by a driver from South Carolina & that our house is finally sold or that we just celebrated Ls birthday. July has been a busy month. I can hardly believe J is almost 7 months & is making efforts to crawl. 

Thank you all for following along & reading my blog & being interested in my tales of woe & joyous happenings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks