Saturday, July 02, 2016

Farmer's Market & Downtown Walk





I always enjoy going to the farmer's market on a Saturday in the summer. I was delighted to learn my new community has an outdoor farmer's market. I bought some fresh peas, cabbage, lettuce, and beets from the Hutterites. I also bought some rhubarb from another vendor. 

Because it was Saturday it just felt right to stroll downtown & through the park. 




This building I think has so much potential! I love to reimagine spaces- especially the inside of diner dives and sometimes buildings that now stand vacant. I'd love to see this building re-imagined as a trendy restaurant on the bottom level- it's right next to a 210,000 square-foot facility featuring an entertainment/sports bowl, an 8 sheet curling club, banquet & meeting rooms. The upper levels could be re-imagined as condos or apartments. 


I especially love how someone had a vision and reimagined this space as a restaurant and art gallery. It is just beautiful.





Baby J fell asleep on our leisurely stroll and I purchased a latte along with a cinnamon roll downtown that I brought back with me to the park. 


Have you been to the farmer's market recently? What vegetables or fruits are in season where you live? What do you think I should make with all the beets and cabbage I bought? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks