Friday, September 23, 2016

K's Favorite Gingersnaps


Yesterday I was thinking of my brother K & hoping great things for him on his job interview. These are his favorite cookies & a recipe we made often when I was growing up. They are best right from the freezer. The chewy centers when slightly frozen are amazing! 


This recipe can be found in the recipe book that almost burned my apartment down. At first I could not find the recipe book when I wanted to make these cookies. Where could it be? I use this recipe book for all my favorites. I searched high and low; until finally I found it in my bedside table. Haha! Great bedtime reading I guess. 

Okay y'all are waiting for directions right?


Cream 3/4 cup margarine, 1 cup sugar, and 1 egg.


Add in 1/2 cup molasses. 

Note: This time I warmed the molasses for 30 seconds in the microwave to have it pour easier.

Mix in the dry ingredients: 2 1/2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, 


It is best if you refrigerate the dough here before rolling into balls. 

Note: If you do NOT wish to refrigerate the dough, the dough will be super soft. You may add up to an extra 1/2 a cup of flour. Rolling in sugar will also help to add structure. 

Roll the dough into balls, and then into sugar and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. 

(Note: I did not refrigerate mine for this post, warmed the molasses, added an extra 1/2 cup of flour and baked for 10 minutes. I imagine if you did not warm the molasses you might not need the extra flour, or if you refrigerated the dough you would likely need to bake for 12 minutes. )


Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies of the best goodness possible! 

Mmm yum I cannot wait for these to cool and eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks