I am looking forward to decorating for fall. This past week painters have been here painting my front door. It's such a long process waiting for varathane to dry. They have let in a thousand flies with the door wide open to dry and I have been swatting flies. I am hopeful that the last coat of sealer will be applied today & I can put up my autumn wreath by this weekend. I picked up the cutest tea light jack-o-lanterns at the dollar store earlier this week. I want to crochet these pumpkins for a garland for my fireplace mantle.
I am thinking of thanksgiving when family will come to my house for Thanksgiving. What recipes to try out? Maybe this Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake or this Pumpkin French Toast Bake Will I make my own pumpkin pie from scratch? I have already put a jar of my mom's canned crabapple juice in the refrigerator in anticipation even though Thanksgiving is weeks away. But more than just the turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, crabapple juice, and pie I am thinking of gratitude.
I have started the book One Thousand Gifts and while the first chapter brought tears, the following chapters have ushered me into a state of reflective gratitude. It is a perfect book for this season. You really should read this over Thanksgiving.
I have painted my toenails in keeping with the season. It is a deep burgundy and if you are looking for a great fall colour, Carry On by Essie, never disappoints, it's edgy and deep.
I cleaned out my pantry & organized it yesterday afternoon. It felt good. You should clean out a closet or pantry each season. (Yes, I know I said I was going to clean out my closet this September...I am getting there.) I am thinking now of buying some baskets & labeling to house the loose items like pasta, crackers, oils & vinegars, sauces, peanut butter & syrups, jam, snacks. I need to think more about categories.
I love fall styles. Mostly I just spend all my clothes budget on J, but I have purchased a pintuck popover top for me for fall from the Gap. It's so cute. I also want to purchase a sweater or two for fall & maybe a pair of boots as I ran a hole in the sole in my last pair from wearing all the time. Here are some cute fall clothes I purchased for J this fall from the Gap & Old Navy.
J has woken up from her nap so I really must go but other fall thoughts I have include editing a costume I found for J (it's too big), making a fall playlist, visiting the pumpkin patch, and carving a pumpkin.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.