Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Day in the Life

When I was younger I used to like to read fashion magazines (what am I saying, I still do!) and sometimes there was a column where the model would walk the reader through her day with pictures. This post will also be a day in the life of, just not the glamorous running around New York kind. 

So here is a snapshot of our day on Friday. 


7 AM  
Time to wake up already! 

All before this hour:
J has been singing/talking for awhile.
Way before this hour L has left for work. 
Sorry L I couldn't make it up at 5 AM to make you your lunch.


8 AM  
Making Coffee. 
Having Cranberry Almond cereal for breakfast. 
J is hanging out in her Bumbo chair playing with a lime coloured plastic Easter egg that my aunt put dried beans into and taped closed with packing tape. It is one of her favorite toys. She loves to shake it & it's the perfect size for little fingers. Does this mean she will be musical? 

All before this hour:
Have fed J & changed her diaper. 
Have changed J into a day outfit.



9 AM
Folding Laundry.
Talking to my mom on speaker phone.

All before this hour: 
Have changed J.
Added toilet bowl cleaner to toilets.
Dressed.
Made bed.
Combed hair.
Made a telephone call.


10 AM

J goes for her morning nap.
It lasts 1/2 an hour.
I look for bedding.
Oh West Elm! My heart swoons.


11 AM

All before this hour:
Have fed & changed J's diaper.
Put away 1/2 of load of folded whites.
Rinsed out washing rags with bleach.
Put in second load into washing machine.

Now, dishes from breakfast & last night's supper.


12 AM
Making lunch.
Lunch is lentil soup that I made & leftover quesadillas.
I ground up a quesadilla for J.
Last night she loved it. Today... well we resorted to pluots.
Mmm we love pluots.

All before this hour:
Dishes are washed.
Cue all the baby anger for me doing housework instead of playing with her. 
So 1/2 an hour of undivided attention playing with J.


1 PM

Off we go for a walk but not before another diaper change & outfit change.
J sleeps half the way.



2 PM

Home again.
Change diaper & outfit.
Take out fish from freezer for supper & loosely plan what I am making for dinner.
We post a picture on Instagram of our walk.
Play with toys & listen to a novel.


3 PM

Snack-time: I make a London Fog.
J has a messy cookie.
Playtime.
Listening to novel.



4 PM

J goes for a nap & I do some financial work in office.




5 PM

J is awake.
I try to eke out a few more moments of office work by putting J in the jolly jumper.
J is not amused.


6 PM

Making dinner.


7 PM

L is home for work & it's dinner time.
I made salad, fish, couscous, & toppings to add to couscous (feta, green onions, peppers, raisins, fried mushrooms, and chili flakes. L will add sriracha sauce to his. He adds sriracha to almost everything. You can almost pretend its Korean is his reasoning.)
J blows out the couscous. Its hilarious and messy. Couscous is not a hit. 
The white fish however she loves. Yay! 


8 PM

It is normally Js bedtime.
I am finishing up a blog post on the laptop at the island.
And then this happened. 
Chocolate sauce & frozen yogurt.
J was bouncing off the walls.
L changed her & washed her up.
We changed her into her bedtime sleeper & she took almost an hour to calm down before her bottle, stretches and bedtime.
No more sugar before bed from now on.
I sound like a grouchy grownup.

9:30 PM

Finally.
Bedtime.
Lights out.


For the count J had 6 outfit changes in this day (including the 2 sleeper changes). 
Obviously she is the model in this column and not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks