This Christmas was quiet for us as L worked. I missed my family especially when family began calling and texting to wish me a Merry Christmas.
When I was younger one of my favorite things to do on Christmas Day after opening presents and Christmas dinner was to go tobogganing with family. I took J for a little sleigh ride on Christmas Day. Each day it is not too cold and we also have snow I try to take J for a ride in her sleigh.
She is super cute all bundled up!
Today L was off work and so we celebrated Christmas today. We made pancakes and bacon for breakfast.
After we opened gifts.
J received the sweetest set of wooden blocks made by my nephew, a fun farm set from family in Ottawa, a nativity story book, ocean wooden puzzle and cute outfit from my parents. From her grandma we ordered the sweet Starfish Minimoc's that we had our eyes on as her grandma also loves shoes!
Unwrapping presents was so much excitement for J that she was plum tuckered out after and needed a nap.
If your reading this mom thank you for the awesome knitted mittens!! I totally love them.
We have guests coming for New Years so I spent nap time organizing my books that I had yet to unpack! I love having guests come to visit. It lights a fire under me to get my house in order. Oh and having guests is fun on its own accord too! I am really excited for their visit. L shoveled the front drive. After J woke and we had lunch J and I went for a another sleigh ride around the park. We had just come in from the cold when L decided we should go out. We went out to run some errands and discovered that many of the businesses were yet closed for the holidays, return library books, and have a coffee. Now as I am writing this J is having her second nap and L is shoveling the deck. This evening we plan to watch a movie together as a family.
How did you celebrate Christmas this year? Was it a traditional Christmas? or something other?
Did Santa bring you everything on your Christmas list?
What traditions make Christmas special for you?
Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday filled with laughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.