Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Summer Vacation

L and I went on a lovely getaway this summer.  It was also L's birthday and what better way to spend a birthday then on vacation in as beautiful of setting as this was.

The drive was so scenic to Glacier National Park, Montana.

Oh! There is a forest fire! We stayed at the St. Mary's Lodge which was near the fire, but luckily there was little danger and the smoke was not really that bad.


I had really wanted to take the Red Bus tour up to Logan's Pass, and the Continental Divide. This is the second time we have planned this adventure and were unable to travel up the Going to the Sun Highway. We were able to still take an alternate Red Bus tour.


We saw the glaciers from a distance.  


Then we drove to Yellowstone National Park. There is a lot to explore in the park. 


Old Faithful. I think I expected it to be much higher and louder but it was still fantastic.


Happy Birthday handsome!


Such amazing geological phenomena. 


And a little stinky too. 


We returned back through Glacier National Park and stayed at Izzak Walton Inn. 


We spent the night in a caboose! And had the most amazing dinner that I will share in another post. 

Oh what fun to go on a summer getaway! I highly recommend visiting a national park. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks