Bread & Wine
This may just be the best read I've read in 2015. I loved it. The essays were personable and inspiring. I want to host dinner parties, to cook, and build deeper relationships with others.
I love party planning.
I love party planning.
I've been really as of late in a pickle because L is on the fence about if we should sell our place, or if we should move and where. For a time he considered sprucing up his resume to apply to find employment locally or in Alberta. As you will recall we listed it on our own for awhile and then decided a realtor would be a better choice. So we selected said realtor and he did his fancy market analysis but we have yet to sign the papers and hang a sign on our front lawn. I have gone to see more showings in Regina & Moose Jaw & surrounding communities in the past few months that I ever imagined I would be seeing. Our last showing resulted in L having a serious, full blown, asthma attack from cat dander in the house where his dad was sure we should call an ambulance. This is in contrast to our previous home purchase which was basically the second house we saw with a realtor, saw it once in 10 minutes and made an offer the next day. By the third day it was a done deal.
Pickle indeed. I don't know if I should order a crib. Decorate the existing baby room. Settle into life here. Take a prenatal yoga class and make friends with other moms to be. Or light a fire under L's butt. We've been in this state of flux for well over a year. I quit my job to join him on these forays and because as you will remember my employer was not favorable to leave for IVF procedures. And as hard as it was to quit we all know that was the right decision in terms of baby making. I've fallen for a few gems that L is less than excited for. The market is much more inflated the province over.
The Mr. has two weeks off shortly. Then his schedule is crazy as in 2.5 days off in two months. It will be lots of overtime. The Mr. rarely throws caution to the wind and makes a quick decision. So this puts me in a real tailspin because I foresee I will find him August studying (during holidays), September and October working 12 hour days, and November in recovery while yet working his regular schedule. Which means it is likely we will still be without a decision until possibly December and by then baby will become on its way. I might as well order that crib.
How does this all relate to party planning or dinner parties? Mostly that I feel unsettled. People who host are settled individuals. They make others feel at home in their home. I long for that.
In spite of this unsettled feeling, even though it is months out, and I don't know where my baby will be born, it is still fun to plan.
I started with these colours because that is how all party planners begin their mood boards right?
+ Cream
I decided the theme was Winter Woodland Wonderland.
Isn't it elegant?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.