Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Shape of Me


Monday we had our ultrasound for babykins. I was eager to find out if the baby was a girl or boy, but alas! the little one was quite content to keep it a secret. The ultrasound technician had me move onto one side and then the next to wake him/her, suggested we go for a walk and come back and finally sighed and asked if we had any juice or candy in our pockets. The baby wouldn't have any of it and stayed curled in a ball sleeping with the occasional stretch of an arm. I should have taken my cousin Penny's advice and had a sweet cold drink prior.


I had a doctors appointment on Friday. Good news the placenta is in a good position and cervix is closed. Also good news was I have only gained one pound since my last appointment. The ultrasound did not provide enough pictures of the baby (as the baby was uncooperative according to the doctor haha) so we are to have a follow up ultrasound in one months time. Hopefully the baby will be moving more then and we can find out if indeed baby is a boy or girl. 


I just discovered decaffeinated chai tea from Tetley at the grocery store! So exciting! I've been missing my chai tea lattes from Starbucks. My waist line I'm sure hasn't. 

I just made the most amazing Coconut, Oatmeal, Raisin Cookies from my Mennonite Treasury cookbook. I'll share the recipe below. I added two ingredients to the original recipe. Can you guess which ones? 


1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup fine coconut
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins

Directions: Cream shortening with sugar, add egg and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients. Add rolled oats, coconut and raisins. Roll into balls. Bake for 10-12 minutes in 375 degrees F oven.

Gotta love the brevity of old school recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks