
Beth Moore takes the reader on the journey of Jesus' life in the book Jesus The One and Only. Many of these are well loved stories of mine that I've grown up with. I was reminded of a book I had when I was younger about Elizabeth, Zachariah and John. It was a favorite of mine. I wondered as I read the story whatever happened to this book. Likely it was lost in my parent's basement flood. This is where my mind goes sometimes when I read to finish a book. Then I am thinking about my mom and wondering if the coat she bought was pink or purple. I wonder how long my parents are going to be in Palm Springs this year and if they are going to stop in here on their way back to the farm in the spring. I would have given up reading but I couldn't give up on the story of Jesus or Beth Moore so I toiled on.
Generally I am a big Beth Moore fan. I like her bible studies. Even if there is lots of homework I would pick her studies over many others because I always learn something new. I feel like her studies are worthwhile. Last year I received a link to download for free several of Beth Moore's books. Here is the first one I have finished. It was labour some. 53 chapters. In the back of the book is a excerpt sample of the lesson that this book would have accompanied and I recalled again how much I love her studies. Reading the book without the participant guide not so much. With the studies there is always the promise of the video at the end of the week and getting together with other women on a similar journey. In this book Beth refers several times to videoing the lessons in Isreal and each time I thought I wish I could see the video she is referring to. I wonder where she was when she filmed this video or that video for each section. You may recall I'd love to travel to Egypt and Israel.
Maybe it was labour some because I read the book on an iPad. At any rate I missed seeing and hearing Beth and doodling in the margins of my lessons. I think the lessons come alive also when your with other women who have an insight or can relate to a passage. Then it is real.
Oh I think I have forgotten to mention this was my choice for a book with a number in the title. I really had a difficult time looking for a book with a number in the title that I wanted to read. All I could find was 50 Shades of Grey. 50 Shades or Jesus the One and Only. Oh gee! My sister in law said that 50 Shades was not worth it after reading and watching the movie so I took her recommendation and went with Beth Moore.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.