Thursday, October 01, 2015

Home Build Begins!

Building begins! We are building a house!

On Tuesday the foundation was dug.


I dropped by today and see that the concrete footings have been poured.  
We will have a walkout basement.


I'm standing taking this photo where our driveway will be likely.


Where you see the red heart shape is our lot.


In the next two photos I am standing on what will be the pathway behind and to the left of the red heart.

I love the iron fences that will open up to the park.


If a straight line were drawn from our property line on the west side it would align with those electrical boxes. Behind our property will be a large park with playground structures. I can hardly wait to see the playground design.

I am hopeful that the concrete will cure before the snow flies. It is looking a little dreary out! 

Last month I participated in a blog-tember challenge to post everyday in the month of September. One of the prompts was to write about a quote that is meaningful to you. One I carry with me is this, "Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come." 

In the next few months I will update you on our home build. The home should be completed by March when we are able to move in.

We are very excited!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! :) I am curious to see how your house will look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thia! This reminds me I need to take my camera and take a picture when we go by to check out the progress today. It is hard to imagine even for me what it will look like when it is finished.

      Delete
  2. How fabulous to be able to build your dream home Rhonda! So exciting! I wish you all good things in your beautiful new home, hugs always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie! You are truly a kind and generous woman!

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks