Thursday, March 27, 2014

An hour of housework

After a full day of work how many hours of housework do you put in? L challenged me to put in an hour every night in keeping with all the hour he has been putting in with studying for his exams. At first I was a little grouchy since I was tired from work but now two hours later I am quite pleased with my little abode. A little indie meets pop on the dance floor can light the wind in ones sail. Although now I am not sure how I am going to spend my Saturday. I mean it's not a hotel around here with clean sheet service every day.

I am even inspired to frame my fox prints - an agonizing decision involving only 3 frame choices must be made. Ridiculous I know, but stylistic choices like this will have impact over many years when dollar figures lean toward hefty sums. It's not as if I can change out the frames next year. My fox prints are special. I purchased them from a Russian photographer (from Russia with the aid of a translator) when we were invested in adopting from Russia. That door closed, slammed shut in fact.

I counted up my holiday hours today and realized with glee I have at the end of April 5 whole days of holidays. At the end of August I will have 10 days of holidays. Can I last that long? The travel itch is starting, I can feel it. L finish school already so we can explore the world!!

I'm so proud of L. What a tough week he's had and he is still motivated. An exam every day and another following the weekend on Monday. Even now he's at the college studying and it's almost 9 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks