The second Friday of every month, Kristin hosts a Little Letters linkup on her blog. The idea is to write a series of letters to anyone or anything you’d like. They can be serious or silly, heartbreaking or hilarious. I thought it was a fun idea to participate and capture some of my thoughts this week in short letters.
Dear Rules Of Civility, You kept me up well past my bedtime last night. You were a real page turner.
Dear Canada Post, It has been five days since my friend mailed an Xpresspost envelope back to me. You guarantee 1-2 days nationally. Get it together! And put it already in my mailbox. Gah! Please tell me I do not have to drive downtown, pay for parking, stand in line and put in a complaint.
Dear Juniper, Please stop pulling my hair. It really hurts. This phase has been going on too long and it's really starting to get annoying. Thank you for the dance party in the kitchen last night. It was fun to twirl around, hear your squeals of delight and laugh.
Dear iPhone4, You were so exciting when you were shiny and new six years ago and now you no longer update and your volume is a mess. Now every time anyone calls (which is an anomaly I know in our text savvy world) I'm straining to hear them or asking them to repeat what they last said. If a text comes in with cute fun emoticons all I see are alien faces and I have to guess at what they mean. And now I've reached my limit with your upteenth freeze when I attempted to search the Internet this afternoon. Why didn't you tell me you had a shelf life when I first laid eyes on you? I'm sorry we need to part ways.
Dear Netflix, I am so happy to be reunited. I forgot over the past few years you were so wonderful now that I have more than 24 hours to watch a movie that previously was costing me $4.99 to rent on the PlayStation and who often I abandoned not being able to finish in the allotted time frame.
Dear Mission Hill Winery, Thank you for introducing me to the perfect pairing, Chardonnay and hot buttery popcorn, the perfect late night snack for watching television.
Dear Dodge Ram, You are fun to drive when L lets me take you for a spin but really what is up with your controls? This past week I engaged the emergency parking break because your parking sensors were freaking out on me with the snow and cold, I thought maybe my parking break was on until I realized it was just the parking sensors and that I could turn them off. But then I couldn't disengage the emergency parking break and sheepishly had to ask a man to help me. And the gear shift, a dial?
Dear Steve, I've never met you before and likely never will again, you really have crazy hair, but I appreciate your manly assistance with my vehicular ineptitude.
Dear Starbucks, Thank you for opening up a location in my small city with a drive through.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.