Saturday, January 07, 2017

Korea House

I've been craving Korean food for sometime. L and I really enjoyed the hot stone bowls at Kim Chi House in Calgary.  I noted on a local blogger the Everyday Foodie blog a few mentions of Korean restaurants locally. She is much more adventurous than me and often cooks bibimbap. I left a comment on her blog asking for a recommendation of the best Korean food in Saskatchewan. She contacted me back that in Regina it was Korea House & Seoul in Saskatoon. I really was delighted for the recommendation. 

As we had a trip planned to Regina we decided lunch would be at Korea House.

 

We parked on a residential side street with two hour parking. Cutest little old houses ever. J lost her boot on the walk to the restaurant, luckily we noticed after taking this photo, and we were able to retrieve it.

 

There was only one other round table of 6 patrons when we came for lunch who were finishing up their lunch. As we had our lunch three other tables of couples also came in. It definitely was not as busy as Kim Chi House in Calgary. 

 
Please excuse my terrible photographs of the menu. My iPhone is really old.

 

There were clean high chairs for J. We had brought cut fruit along for J to tide her over while she waited. When our food came she also enjoyed some of our beef, rice, and side dish vegetables. She quite enjoyed lunch.

The washrooms were also clean if older.

We had the lunch special. L had the pork plate and I had the beef plate. L, my thrifty main squeeze, finds it beyond him to spend more than $10 on a lunch menu item. Many of the interesting menu items are well over $10. 


 

Overall it was fun to try a new restaurant and to have Korean food. L wasn't as impressed with his, but perhaps this was because we had just the lunch special. He felt like he was tasting it the rest of the afternoon. 

If your craving Korean in Regina try the Korea House and let me know what you think. Or if this is a favorite restaurant of yours let me know what I should order next time to have the best experience. 

Korea House
1427 11th Ave
Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks