The pictures below were on March 22nd by comparison.
There is a new PT at the child development centre locally. Her husband was transferred with the military to the base here & she is fantastic. Lots of energy. I am very happy about this. J still plays shy & drama cried for much of her appointment but I think by the end of the hour she had started to warm up.
As you may recall in my earlier posts here and here after we first had a diagnosis we ran into some roadblocks with being seen. We tried a private clinic in Saskatoon where there is an excellent therapist but the drive is quite far. We were still waiting for a time to be seen locally. After we returned from our holiday in June and at my aunts urging I talked to the doctor about not being seen. This garnered results and they brought a therapist in from Wascana Centre that was also excellent. I thought she was terrific and had great tips. I've been pretty consistent with the stretches before bedtime but find it hard sometimes to incorporate the stretches into our daily routine during the day. Also J fights the stretches much more now.
Even so we feel we are making headway ;)
There is a hint of plagiocephaly yet. J now sleeps on her tummy & is always moving during the day.
We have some new stretches in our arsenal including balance stretches lightly moving her body to either side (like the ones on the exercise ball) & one of us holding her trunk while the other engages her with toys (as she will cheat by moving her body to get rotation), as well as refining our football hold carry so that she doesn't cheat on that one too. The football hold one I find challenging because my arms are short. She also gave us some tips to encourage strength for crawling.
I am hopeful that Js torticollis will resolve. We have a follow up appointment in a months time.
first of all, she's the cutest!!! So glad there's been some marked improvement
ReplyDelete