Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Day at the Beach









"Rediscover the carefree holidays of your childhood when life was filled with simple pleasures - ice cream cones on a hot summer day and lazy afternoons of boating, fishing and swimming. Spend a day at the beach..." 

Regina Beach can be found on the south shore of Last Mountain Lake in Southern Saskatchewan. We arrived early to have breakfast at The Bluebird Cafe. The Blue Bird Cafe is an old-time classic, opened first in the 1920s, with wooden floors and creaky screen doors. We then ventured out to the wharf & shores of the beach.

J had her first taste of sand. I dipped her feet in the lake with the tide coming in. She loved to sink her feet into the sand. After I sat her on the sand so she could feel the sand & I could take a picture she gathered a handful that went right into her mouth. As I was cleaning her mouth out she had another handful ready to shovel in. Apparently it tasted delicious. Yipes! 

In the early afternoon when J had fallen asleep in her stroller & we had quite enough sun we stopped at Chachalacas for a margarita for me & a beer for L. J, of course, not wanting to miss out on the fun awoke and so we shared a burrito with her. She enjoyed the rice and refried beans. 

It was a fun day spent at the beach! I'm looking forward to next summer when water wings, sandcastles, swimsuits! We forgot to bring a blanket to sit on the sand & lawn chairs. You can bet next year I will be prepared with a summer bucket of water & sand toys & blanket to lay on the sand & umbrella. The next time we spend a day at the beach I'll be chasing after J as she runs into the lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks