Friday, August 19, 2016

The Great Zucchini Throwdown


So you somehow were given a great, huge zucchini by a distant relative through marriage. For a week now you've eyed that zucchini in the fridge until now. You've decided this will be the week of the zucchini. For one whole week you will come up with ideas to use that zucchini. And because I've already mastered this quest I will provide you some inspiration...but remember in a throwdown...you also can take up the challenge and best me with your kitchen, knife wielding skills.

1. I started the week off with a simple technique of adding to my hash browns. Mmm delicious.



2. I also decided to be ambitious and make dill zucchini muffins. These I think could be improved by adding bacon bits but they were also tasty. Here is a link if you'd like to make your own. I adapted mine a bit because I'm on a kefir kick so I used kefir in place of buttermilk. You can do that - adapt recipes- it's more fun that way.

 
3. I then recalled the famous zucchini chocolate cake that my mom used to make and hunted down a recipe. I will not share it here because it was it did not live up to the hype of moist decadent chocolate. It was rather dry. So if you have your own zucchini chocolate cake recipe do not be shy, do share as I will acquire yet another zucchini in your honor and test it on this blog. And eat it with great joy.

 

4. I have a penchant for Quiche. I absolutely love quiche and zucchini found its way into my quiche this week. 

 

5. Now for the finale. The best hummus recipe adaptation I made this week. The most flavorful, and one that I will make again. Hummus!!! You guys this is the best hummus recipe ever! Zucchini you did great.

Now if you clicked on the link for this Green Goddess Hummus you may be thinking like me whhhhaa! I have no idea what tahini is or tarragon and you may like me wander all over the grocery store and even ask a few grocery staff for assistance only to learn the grocery store does not stock these two items. This is where you need to be creative & Google on the go or use your creative brain...I learned that tahini & tarragon both belong to the sunflower seed family...so I adapted the recipe and instead put in half a cup of sunflower seeds & two tablespoons of olive oil.. Also as L was assisting me he Ukranian adapted the recipe and instead of one garlic clove two found there way in. Finally you will notice the recipe does not include zucchini--what? I thought this was a zucchini throwdown. Exactly!! Add in one cup of grated zucchini. Delicious!! 


Ok. So that's a wrap. Zucchini five ways. Tell me about your favorite zucchini recipes and if when you cut into a zucchini you have a plan. Because six cups of grated zucchini! Whoa!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks