Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Home Tour

Welcome to my home!

I have been busy getting my home ready for sale including taking pictures for our listing and so thought I would share here some of my extra photos plus commentary by me.  Also you are welcome to make an offer on my home.


From the front entrance you can go up to the main floor or down to the basement. 


This is the start of my globe collection. I love to travel.


Oh hey! there's a picture of L and I kissing.



                                     
I love to soak up the sun here and here on a sunny morning with a big cup of coffee.





I found these shoes in Bulgaria. And the vessel pot is from an artist when I worked as a project manager in an art gallery.



Main floor powder bath and laundry. The washer and dryer was the first purchase L and I made for this home. 

I painted this for L when we were dating. 



I love my kitchen. When we first moved in these walls were chocolate brown. I painted them Manhattan Mist by Behr. If I were to live here longer I may replace the tile backsplash. I sewed the curtains from table cloths from Target. 

Our bedroom is very large. That is a king size bed. I realize we are spoiled now when I think of buying another home because I do not know if our bedroom set will fit in most of the master bedrooms of typical homes. Our bedroom set we purchased from Costco. I purchased the retro poster prints of Hawaii on etsy. I wanted the room to have a tropical getaway feel but still be elegant.



We have a walk in closet and ensuite bath. If this were to be our forever home I would want to renovate the bathroom to make it a shower instead of a tub and replace the standard tile to something that was lighter in color. 


And that is the main floor home tour! Above the garage there are two bedrooms, a large linen closet, and full size bathroom. 


This bedroom I made into an office. I would have liked to have added shelving and maybe a cute pink chair.



Oh hey! It's one of my paintings I did of me as a little girl. And a plant pot that needs a plant.


I love to sew. Someday I would like to get back into sewing clothes. For now I just sew drapes and other small crafts. I made the drapes in this room.


This was intended to be the baby room. Someday we will have a baby either through infertility treatments or through adoption. I was always waiting to buy a crib until I had either passed week 12 of pregnancy or until we had a proposal through adoption. My parents painted these bedrooms for me on separate visits. I realized I really like white or cream painted rooms. 


I love this cabinet. I bought it at a local antique type store. I purchased the rabbit buggie from a seller from Norway on etsy. 



These rag dolls I purchased when in Montreal. The sad bear was purchased when I first learned I was pregnant but before I had the miscarriage.



L purchased these Asian paper cut-outs at a flee market when he was younger and I framed them but did not commit to hang them until I had a crib. The chair I found at a yard sale for $10.


And that is the end of the upstairs tour. Now for the basement. Here L spends most of his time when he is off work and home gaming or we watch movies. There are also two bedrooms for guests, a full bathroom and storage room. 

I may or may not have too many books. 






The colours in the basement are original. I have not painted down here yet. Again if we were to stay longer I would likely repaint and replace the tiles in the bathroom and by the bar sink.

And that is our home tour! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks