For the third night in a row I have been out. Sometimes I am glad that the week is whizzing by but at other times I long for the week to slow down as when I was in grade school.... It seemed forever for the day to pass then ...there was so much adventure to fit into each afternoon. So much to explore. I miss those lazy afternoon, making figure eights in the snow- long paths of footprints that intertwined and wove together looping playfully. Pretending. Playing.
This evening included a condo AGM that surprisingly only lasted an hour and did not require me to be called to the witness stand. I have successfully transferred that phase on to the next recruit who is fully capable to issue estoppel certificates and issue fines for payments in arrears.
The night before was Cubs - the band of boys intent on acquiring survival skills. I should have read Lord of the Flies when I was younger so that I would have more insight into these wild child minds. I was again surprised that rather than having to write an incident report for one of sculptures being knocked from the plinth to its demise the crew hung onto my words, asked questions and otherwise were a delightful tour group. Surprisingly I had fun. And then the museum of nature exhibit that sometimes feels like whopple ball was democratically considered by this band of boys - each taking a turn and dissecting each panel. The best is always when they entrust me to hear all their stories. It is such a privilege.
Despite being tired and wanting to sleep a thousand years I feel like this week has surprised me in so many ways. Typically I am double booked in a week by forces beyond myself and I have to extract myself from the least important of the two obligations.
Other good news includes: I was so excited to find in the mail my new iPad air from which I type this message. This Saturday it is to be sunny which means maybe I can pick up Oscar. I'm so excited. L purchased a dog carrier for an amazing price on kijiji. We finally finished all the home studies and edits and now awaiting a signature they are to be sent to the government. I thought someone had taken money from my mailbox meant for the fundraiser and instead I found it. I was able to on the evening I worked late at the gallery come in late that morning and in the mean time pull all the bedding from all the beds. Which you know what that means?!? One of my delights - fresh clean stiff sheets. Mmmm love! And I was able to clean my house from top to bottom- I have so much more energy in the morning when the sunshine is bursting in. My dad had his surgery to remove the umbrella and it was a success. (You've missed me haven't you? I experienced a miracle. I thought my dad was going to pass away at Thanksgiving -- we flew home when my mom called to say he was on life support and intubated. They flew him by Stars Ambulance first to Grande Prairie and then to the UofA Hospital in Edmonton. He survived by the grace of God! I am so thankful that he is recovering and that the damage is not more severe.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.