Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fall Scarf Exchange

How fun! A fall scarf exchange! 

It was pure excitement when I found one hosted by Whitney, Elizabeth, and Courtney that I could participate in as a Canadian blogger. 


Scarves are a necessity on the prairies in the winter. They are so cozy and warm and keep the cold northern winds from burning your face. It's crazy really that you can get a burn from the cold! 

It's almost winter here! I saw a skiff of snow last week when I woke up but otherwise the snow hasn't settled in. It is -1 degrees Celcius today. It should warm up to 11 degrees by Saturday of this week but I see that a few flurries are in the forecast for next week along with colder temperatures. A new scarf is just in time!

I was matched with Sarita another Canadian blogger who has a lovely blog! She is very beautiful and has the most adorable little girls. It was so fun to open the mail and have a package waiting! It was wrapped sweetly and I wish I had taken a picture before I tore into the package.


I love it!
It is grey with a touch of dusty rose pink. The colours and texture are just my style!


Thank you Sarita for the fabulous scarf! It is the best!

I was matched with Chrissy in Leduc. I know that she has received her scarf as she sent me a message shortly after receiving it. Chrissy is on facebook. In the matching process I learned her favorite colours and styles and while it was fun shopping for someone else it was a little stressful I might add hoping she would like the scarf I sent. I am glad to hear she likes it!

I am enjoying seeing others scarfs on instagram tagged #fallscarfexchange15

7 comments:

  1. We were thrilled a handful of Canadian bloggers wanted to participate in the Scarf Exchange! I'm sure you ladies are more in need of warm cozies than some of the rest of us ;) That is a beautiful scarf. Sarita is a darling and you're totally right she is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for including us Canadians -- our postal system is not as friendly as yours! And yet this was the easiest exchange process I've taken part in. Yours, Elizabeth and Courtney's organization was appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Oh you ladies are making me blush! Did you get the bar of chocolate I sent also? Just a little something extra :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I forgot to mention the chocolate! Thank you!!! I squirreled it away as quick as I could after I opened the package because sigh I failed my glucose test for gestational diabetes and have to watch my sugar intake. I was sure if L saw me eating chocolate he'd have something to say about it. I've snuck two pieces because Lindor is definitely my favorite! And if I pass round two of that awful glucose test on Tuesday I will be sure to have more soon! Otherwise I'll try to be good and wait until baby is born.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Brittany! I could just imagine that eight year old pout but am glad to see yours did come in the mail and was as stunning as it is!

      Delete
  4. We love our Canadian blog friends!! :) So glad you joined us!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks