I find these cynical cards funny sometimes. There are a number of IVF and infertility ones that are dead on but some can also bite. Here are some fitting two week wait cards I found.



The two week wait is always so long but really in the grand scheme of this inherity journey a drop in a bucket. The best part of the two week wait is thinking can this be? The worst part is not feeling any symptoms or having fear grip you and thinking what will we do if this does not work out. A verse I clung to during this two week wait was, "For God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and a strong mind." I'm not sure where it is found or if that is the accurate version because I learned it years ago and it came to mind one day when I went to the bathroom and discovered blood on the tissue. I immediately took another 100 mg of progesterone and decided to put my feet up, rest, and meditate on that verse. No more two hour walks scheduled. A nap instead. I am taking a perscription of 6 mg of estrace and 600 mg progesterone daily, along with 81 mg of aspirin, a prenatal vitamin (with 1000 mg of folic acid) and also metformin. Likely what I did was a knee jerk reaction as my doctor did say it is common for IVF patients to have bleeding. It cleared up shortly afterwards. I still get a little nervous every time I go to the bathroom but I'm trying to be confident and hopeful.
Tomorrow is my first beta test! Yay!! I hope for a viable pregnancy. The diagnostic laboratory opens at 7 am. Then we plan to go out for breakfast. I likely won't receive the results back until Friday. Last time it was several days. I am hoping for good news.
Check back by the weekend for an update.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.