Oh, the lonely moors, the breezy moors,
And the stormy hills so free;
Oh, the wild, wild moors; the wild, wild moors,
The sweet wild moors for me.
-- Edwin Waugh
I've had a great five day long weekend. Here is a recap of the weekend happenings.
I was able to tack on a day in lieu off on Friday to my doctors appointment on Thursday.
Thursday I met with my doctor who reviewed my past cycle. I really should have wrote more questions down however the doctor is confident that we will get pregnant as my eggs are great quality and I responded well to the medication in the past cycle. I am set to have a frozen egg cycle in my next cycle. She is only willing yet to put in one egg and then said if this does not work we will put in two eggs next time. But then she qualified that and said lets not think about next time. Let's think positive.
As for why it did not work? That was a little vague. She showed me the various eggs on various days and said that likely this one just did not make it by showing me the rate at which some drop off and did not make it on various days. L said BS as he said we put in a 4AA egg when I told him this on Friday- he would have agreed with this if perhaps it had not been one of the better eggs. I thought it was possible but I also think I have implantation issues. She agreed that Metformin would be an excellent choice for me and prescribed me 1500 mg a day. I am to work my way up to having 500 mg 3x a day. So far I am at 1000 mg and occasionally I feel right awful. Like last night. I have heard if you have a meal with too much sugar or fat that you will feel that way. I had made a roast in the slow-cooker that we turned into beef dip with gluten free bread, grilled asparagus and a cabbage salad and water to drink. I thought that was fairly healthy but apparently my stomach disagreed and I felt quite nauseous.
I met up with my brother K and his wife A after for dinner. I enjoy spending time with them. They are so much fun. We went shopping in the evening. MEXX is going out of business and so we had fun with the huge discounts they were offering. I bought a suit coat for work that was originally $170 for $35. K was in the market for new suits for work. He is turning into one classy dresser.
Friday I had coffee with A at Starbucks. A had the day off work also as one of her flex days. I am really enjoying getting to know her more. Then I was off to IKEA. I spent way too long trying to find the wire baskets I was looking for and then inserts that would fit to organize my art supplies. I am trying to organize my things before we move so that I do not have just random boxes with items dumped in. In organizing I am also able to get rid of some things that we have never used. My pile for good will continues to grow. Finally I was back on the road home. L would be home after working in SK for the past week. We had leftover borscht for dinner and watched an episode of Doctor Who.
Saturday was Valentines. We had some errands to run on Saturday including new safety glasses for L for work and checking on his parents place while they are away and watering their plants. For Valentines we had some fun things planned. We had made reservations at Twist Wine & Tapas Bistro. We had the tapas deep fried manchego cheese as our appetizer. Mmm delicious! L remarked who knew that deep fried cheese could taste so good. For our entree we had the Valentines special of steak and prawns. It did not have as much flavor as the tapas and so we decided next time we return we will just have tapas. Oh and wine! We had a lovely bottle of Casa de Campo Malbec from Argentina. I highly recommend! For dessert I had the apple crumble and L had the Turtles Sundae. After dinner we had tickets to go see Boeing Boeing by MHMT. Excellent acting by this volunteer cast in this swinging sixties comedy of a successful architect who juggles the hearts of three airline hostesses.
Sunday we slept in. As in really slept in. We woke up at 10:45 AM. The day was almost over. L made his famous bacon and I made hashbrowns and eggs for breakfast. Then we started prep for our roast which meant a last minute run to the grocery store to pick up oninons and consomme. Sunday afternoon we went on a hike along the trails of the South Saskatchewan River. I love going for hikes with L. Here are a few photos from our adventures. We finished off the evening with not just one but two episodes of the Doctor.
Which brings us to today, Monday, Family Day. L got out his tools and finished a project on my list in the morning. And now I am writing this post while L shoots some aliens on the x-box before lunch. After lunch he is off to SK to start work for another week.
Its hard to imagine going back to work tomorrow. I have officially 11 days left of work. This week coming up and next I have scheduled interviews for summer staff. Then I have to attend the Teachers Convention and promote the upcoming theater performance for schools, our new Archives program and the sponsored school trips to the First World War exhibit. I need to ensure I complete my invoicing for January and February school visits and the Outreach Artist program. I need to meet with the Cultural Director and finish the Education Business plan for the next three years. Ridiculous but anyways. Saturday somehow I allowed myself to be talked into doing a presentation of vision boards with youth at the YMCA. I am not looking forward to that. Later this week I am helping to set up for Pecha Kucha. I think that should be a fabulous night even if I will be tired the next day. We have a great line up of presenters planned. Next week I have to lead a number of school and public programs, complete the plan for the next Education Coordinator to take over and have a number of meetings. Thursday next week is a going away coffee for me. I think there will be carrot cake. And then Saturday I have to help with a family workshop and presentation by the artist. It will be a busy 11 days. I am not really excited about working two Saturdays in a row but c'est la vie!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.