Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Little Bittersweet


Today was my last day of work in this job that some days I loathed but mostly was compelled to give my all. Any yet it is bittersweet. This end. It's hard to let go sometimes of something you have thrown your life into especially if it might still stand on fledgling legs. Monday morning I will likely wake in the wee hours of the morning my mind rushing through the tasks of the day until I remind myself these tasks are no longer mine. I will try to quiet my mind but it will be no use and so I will wake and for the first time in forever have a proper Monday morning breakfast sans Starbucks. Maybe in addition I will even have time to workout. Shower. Apply makeup and style my hair. Fancy that. Oft times before it was either eat breakfast or groom for work. And I can probably count on one hand the number of times I worked out before racing out the door for work.

It's too early to reflect on my successes and accomplishments. I am still in the phase of thinking what have I left undone, what could I have done more, or better. Of all my ever regrets I regret the moments I did not correct gossip or stop chatter that was intended to raise doubts of another's worth or capabilities. I aim to be less of a listening ear and agreeable sort whom others feel they can vent to and stand for changing the tides. 

There were lots of satisfying moments. But for now I am glad this chapter is done. 


I will miss this. That I know. It's a little bittersweet. Letting go. Moving on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks