Sometimes I forget I am no longer a W.
(I have evolved to the front of the alphabet.)I had the extended family over to our place for lunch.
In other plans while it looked like I pulled out all the stops, I made a typical W. meal. It's always good to have a fall back plan that you can make without a recipe book, prepare mostly ahead of time, multi-task around, and gather ingredients (mostly from your garden, fridge or pantry) without even thinking .
A typical W. meal is this: Tacos. There is specific layering also that must occur for optimal taste and texture. Non-W's never understand this so there is no use explaining this order except that all reading this will be privy to this exclusive offer if even just once in their life. All W's do exactly the same layering: sour cream topped with special blend of W. hot sauce swirled around to mix, topped with crisp, crumbled tortilla chips, sprinkled with spicy ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, red-orange-yellow-green peppers, and then shredded cheese.
Today I also added into the mix: re-fried beans, baked spicy, black beans with Habanero cheese, and guacamole. When you add additional items to the mix it can throw the specific ordering for a loop but in this case guacamole is similar to sour cream so goes on this layer, beans can be a replacement for beef except in the case of re-fried beans that are creamy so should really be found in the bottom layer. Be careful to not have too much in the creamy layer---ie. if adding guacamole, sour cream, re-fried beans, and the W. special sauce have smaller portions of each to achieve optimal W. approved thickness of swirled layer.
I love tacos as do all of my W's.
I mean deep down I will always be a W.
Perhaps when in a sea of B's its a coping mechanism to revert back to the shape of a W.
At any rate my acquired rounded edges became a little prickly.
I declined on Sunday Family Dinner. After all we just had lunch.
Its only natural W's should be a little pointy; we've been stuck at the end of the alphabet for so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.