Friday, April 07, 2017

Alas it was not to be!

So just in case you were wondering about my last IVF cycle, we were pregnant and now we're not. Oh well. Life goes on. I'm thankful for my little June-bear. 

 
 

In other news I applied for a job earlier this year and am hopeful for a call back in May. I think I'd really like this job. Hopefully the individuals doing the security screening on me didn't find my blog and read my last post and say oh she's knocked up and disqualify me because I'm not. Yes my body hates me. 

I am reading The Storied Life of A.J.Fikry and oh my! It is so good. I love it. At first I was thinking why did I pay $19.95 in the bookstore to buy it. It was one of those I'm in a bookstore I need to buy a book purchases. But I am so glad I did. 

Ugh the library is trying to be political and cut back on their services to garner more funding. Now I can no longer order books from other libraries in our library system. 

I read 12 books in March!! 12 books! Craziness. Granted 5 of those were young adult novels and read basically in one day each so technically I read 7 which is still amazing and ridiculous. I'll write a post in the next day or so about all I've been reading. 

I've decided these are my colours. There is no test I took, but I love them so they are. I've decided. I plan to have this laminated and keep it in my wallet so that the next time I go shopping I will not come home with an orange shirt and hate it and never wear it. Oh and cognac only for shoes or boots and accessories like purses or belts. I've bought a pair of pants this colour once and trust me, horrible.

 
Oh dear I just realized I forgot the last pan of cookies in the oven, even though I turned off the oven. They are officially dried out and will need to be dunked in a cup of tea to be salvageable.

I have succumbed to my vices and have returned to drinking coffee. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh No! Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry I don't know what to say dear wee friend xx You know, my dear wee Scottish Gramma always told me "whit's fur ye will no go by ye hen" or as dear Doris Day used to sing "what will be, will be" and I've always found it to be true. Somewhere, waiting to find a way to reach you might well be another wee angel and he/she will find a way, you'll see honey. In the meantime dear one you have your wee darling and can watch her grow into her own little character and personality. My dear Gramma always told me to count my blessings and you have so many Rhonda. I so wish I lived closer so I could give you a huge hug honey xxx

    Also many apologies for being absent for so long. Life stuff has been pretty sucky for a while now and I'm doing my usual useless dreadful failure of coping with any of it. Even my poor blog is suffering, we're half way through the year (how did that happen?) and I have posted a total of 34 times this year, I have no idea how many comments still need a reply! Awful. My arthritis has been running amok, in addition I recently lost a dear work friend who was taken far too early and I haven't processed that yet. I've cried a few times but I know it hasn't properly hit me yet. We worked together for almost 11 years and we were buds. Life is so unfair dear one. Among this has been a whole slew of minor annoyances all adding up to my just giving up and mostly retreating from the world for the past few months. Enough of my moans honey xx

    I'm loving your colour charts! What a fabulous idea to laminate a copy & carry with you too. I have to try to be braver with colours. I adore bright, cheery colours but always seem to end up wearing things that make me fade into the background and disappear. I know what you mean too about that cognac shade. I had a jacket ages ago sort of that shade and hated it. I felt like a great bar of caramel when wearing it, just yuck. It's a handbag or shoe/belt colour for sure. A little of that shade goes a really long way :)

    The latest book I'm reading, and which life keeps getting in the way of, you know, postman at door, dog wants out into garden and then wants me to throw a ball for her (bless! love our baby really! she has me trained :) have to start dinner etc etc well it is really, really good actually. It's written by Ruth Goodman and is called "How To Be A Victorian" The books takes you through 24 hours in the life of someone, a commoner not a king or queen (there are other books for that) living in Victorian England. How they lived, washed, dressed, worked, and really has been a delight to read so far. Hopefully I'll eventually get to finish reading it :) Keep smiling your beautiful smile dear wee friend, I'm so sorry I've been missing, I'll try to be around more, sending you heaps of huggles from a (today anyway) kinda sunny Scotland :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry to hear life has also been a little unkind with losing friends and health. I can relate to a little retreating. And yes there are so many blessings to count. Thank you for the virtual hug.

    Colour can brighten ones day. Often though there are few colous in the shops of clothes that look great and then there is often this need to purchase basics that will go with everything so that I often end up in neutrals too. You have such a way with words. I love it! I laughed out loud when I thought of the bar of Carmel.

    The book you are reading sounds interesting. It reminds me of a book a I hope to find at the library called Minding The Manor: The Memoir of a 1930s Kitchenmaid by Mollie Moran.

    I hope the weather in Scotland is lovely today and the sun is out for a stretch and that your roses are blooming.

    Talk again soon,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello honey! I'm so sorry for the lateness in replying. I'm in a fed up with general stuff frame of mind right now. This year has been barely bearable... is that even a thing? well it's been bothersome at the very least. I just haven't been able to get to grips with 2017. The whole year seems to have gotten away from me and I haven't achieved anything I wanted to. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been battling a chest infection/cough/thing. I've just been so run down for so long that my get up and go has just got up and gone :D I'm hoping that I'm on the mend now though

      I'm almost hoping for 2017 to be over so that we can all hit the re-start button and have a much better 2018 :) Summer has been rained off here this year I'm afraid, ok 2018 has to be a better year :) It just does! :) I hope you're having a fab week so far Rhonda, sending you heaps of huggles dear wee friend xx

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks