Monday, February 22, 2016

Time to Get In Shape


It's time to get in shape over here. They say if you set a goal and make it public your more likely to follow through. 

So here's to getting in shape. I'm going to start by completing T25 and improving some unhealthy habits.

T25 is a series of workout DVDs by Shaun T. where you workout for 25 minutes and five days a week. The program is intended to be completed in 10 weeks. 

I haven't worked out in a very very very longtime. My first workout was challenging and I didn't really "nail it" as I had to do the modified version for most of it even though it was only a 25 minute workout. I did however keep moving for 25 minutes and I was drenched in sweat after. 

Starting Stats: 

Here's my first weigh in. I plan to update on Saturday my progress.



I gained 20 pounds in pregnancy of which I've lost 15-18 depending on which scale and how much clothes I'm wearing. I am back into a few of my pre-pregnancy jeans. I really need to work on toning up however. 

I started out my pregnancy at my heaviest weight. As I said before I haven't really worked out consistently in a very very very long time. As in before I got married five years ago. I had gained 30 pounds since getting married and went from a size 6 to 12 and sometimes 14. 

It's a little embarrassing to admit.  

After getting married we ate out a lot, we shopped at Costco, my fridge was always full of food, my husband is a snacker and I snacked along with him. I no longer walked to work, went to the gym or ran. When I'm tired I eat. 

I have a few challenges ahead in terms of making new habits. Namely not snacking as much or when I'm tired. Walking more. Working out. Not eating as much Chinese or pizza takeout -even though it is easy and Ls favorite food choice. 

Ideally I'd like to fit into my pre-marriage clothes. Lately I've been reading all kinds of style blogs and remember how much fun fashion is. 

Here's what I've found based on my body and clothing sizes: 

size 14 170 lbs
Size 13 165 
Size 12 160 
Size 11 155 
Size 10 150
Size 9 145
Size 8 140 
Size 7 135
Size 6 130
Size 5 125
Size 4 120 

However I'm going to set a realistic goal that I can perhaps accomplish in 10 weeks as I likely can't undo what I've gained in five years. 

Here's to losing 15 pounds in 10 weeks/ and or fitting into size 10-11 because muscle weighs more than fat as I've been told. 

Would you like to connect and be my workout/weight loss buddy? Do you have a spare tire kicking around you'd like to get rid of? A weight loss or fitness goal you'd like to accomplish? 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I was at 156 last year and I'm down to 135 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really hope so. Congratulations on your achievement.

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks