Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Life Lately

Life lately is lived in fits and starts. I have been trying to utilize a schedule for baby J.



I think baby J has a fairly good grasp of the schedule it is just me that is having a hard time adjusting. L said this morning at 5 am that I was grouchy and should get some sleep. Haha.



Here is our schedule in case anyone is curious and commentary by me...


  • 4 AM  The baby is waking up 
    • Quick get out of bed, go to the washroom and warm a bottle of formula before baby is really awake. 
  • 4:05 AM Change the Baby. 
    • Now the baby is really awake. She is generally all smiles while getting changed. This happy state can change in the blink of an eye though when you pick her up. Now she wants to be fed instantly.
  • 4:07 AM Feed the Baby
  • 4:30 AM Baby is fed, burped and in a dreamy state. 
    • Even though baby is in a dreamy state this does not mean she is ready to go back to bed. She would rather dreamily smile, play, be entertained by singing or stories for half an hour until her eyelids start to drop and she enters slumberland.
  • 5:00 AM L's alarm has gone off. Thank the Lord L is making me freshly ground coffee! 
    • L is getting ready for work. Can I help him make his lunch? Where are his keys? Did I see where he put that paper three weeks ago? 
  • 5:45 AM L leaves for work. 
    • Back to bed for me.
  • 7 AM The baby is waking up. 
    • Is it really 7 am already? Actually it is usually 6:30 am. 
  • 7:05 AM Change the Baby.
  • 7:07 AM Feed the Baby.
  • 7:30 AM Baby is fed, burped and in a dreamy state.
    • I'm so tired at this point baby comes back to bed with me. She loves being in our bed. Is it warmer? I don't know why but the instant she is in the middle of the bed all swaddled up she falls asleep. Yay! 
  • 9:45 AM The baby is awake. 
    • Thankfully when she awakes around 10 it is a slow stretching type of wake up. It takes her almost fifteen minutes to actually wake up. Sometimes I get up and get everything ready but sometimes we just hang out trying to wake up. 
  • 10:00 AM Change the Baby.
  • 10:07 AM Feed the Baby.
  • 10:30 AM Playtime. 
    • Playtime means anything and everything from singing songs, getting dressed in a new outfit, tummy time, sitting up and chatting or listening to music, having a bath. I have purchased a baby wrap so hopefully when it arrives in the mail this will also mean we can go outside for a walk. 
  • 11:30 AM Naptime.
    • Here comes the fits and starts. I jump into the shower or take a salt water bath. Get dressed. Eat something. Steralize bottles. Prepare some formula. Make some phone calls or emails. Check out social media or reading blogs.
  • 1 PM Baby is waking up.
  • 1:15 PM Baby is still waking up. 
  • 1:20 PM Change the Baby.
  • 1:27 PM Feed the Baby.
  • 2:00 PM Playtime.
  • 2:30 PM Naptime.
    • This naptime may or may not actually happen at 2:30 PM. Baby fights going for a nap about now. Usually she falls asleep in my arms and it is best not to move her or she will wake.
  • 4 PM Baby is awake.
  • 4:05 PM Change the Baby.
  • 4:07 PM Feed the Baby.
  • 4:30 PM Playtime.
  • 5:30 PM Naptime.
    • The second fit and start of the day. This is when I need to quickly think of something to make for supper. Do laundry. Clean the living room and kitchen. Wash the dishes. 
  • 6:30ish PM Baby is waking up.
  • 6:35 PM Change the baby.
  • 6:40 PM Feed the Baby
  • 7:00 PM L is home from work and off to shower.
    • If we are finished feeding then baby hangs out with me in the kitchen while I get the last touches of the meal together. Usually the meal is mostly ready from prior nap time.
  • 7:15 PM Daddy helps out and it is time for dinner. L might help with holding the Baby or take over making dinner. 
  • 7:30 PM Baby falls asleep in Daddy's arms.
    • We watch an episode of a television series on dvd. 
  • 8:30 PM L's bedtime. Baby is transferred to bassinet to sleep.
  • 10:00 PM Baby is awake.
  • 10:05 PM Change the Baby.
  • 10:07 PM Feed the Baby.
  • 10:30 PM Playtime
    • This one is challenging for me because I am dead tired at this point and yet baby wants to play and is definitely not ready to go to sleep. Sometimes by 11 she falls asleep. Sometimes 11:30 PM. Sometimes midnight. I'm so happy when I finally am horizontal in bed.
  • 1 AM Baby is awake.
    • Oh my! When is it that babies sleep through the night? Am I going to survive this?
  • 1:05 AM Change the Baby.
  • 1:07 AM Feed the Baby.
  • 1:30-2 AM Will the Baby go back to sleep?
  • 2 AM Finally
  • 4 AM Oh dear Lord! Is it 4 am already?!?

Here are some pictures of yesterday's fits and starts at around 5:30-6:30 PM...


L wanted me to make an apple pie two days ago...I finally found the ambition. The apples my mom brought from the Okanagan were starting to get soft. I could not find the rolling pin. A wine bottle from our realtor makes a great rolling pin in a pinch.
Yes my kitchen can really get this messy. 

I always know when the last time I did dishes was by the number of toothbrushes by the sink. L wanders when he brushes his teeth and leaves his tootbrush at the kitchen sink. I think it is kinda gross but old habits die hard. L would have brushed his teeth before bed and in the morning. This means the last time I washed dishes was yesterday before supper. Oye!


Dishes are done!



Pies are in the oven. 
When I make an apple or fruit pie I also make a quiche. Quiche are the easiest to make and one of my favorite items to eat. I have converted L to eating quiche. I make it so often I no longer use a recipe but if you want a great recipe google Quiche Lorraine for the basics. Here is a link to the best pie crust from Sally's Baking Addiction. I add in 6 or so eggs some milk, a handful of greens, a bit of chopped sausage, some grated cheese, (if I have time I fry some onion...this did not happen this time), some fresh herbs or mushrooms if I have any, salt and pepper and voila! 


Mmm fresh apple pie while watching the latest episode in the series we are watching! 


And that my friends is life lately! 

This afternoon should be exciting as I am making my first trip out to go grocery shopping without L and with baby! 

Oh I hear the baby waking up! See you all later! 






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaarrgggg!! Technology hates me I swear! OK, trying again :) Hi Rhonda :) wow! What a busy day! I'll bet you're loving every minute really though :) Rest whenever you get a chance honey, forget housework, that'll always be there! When baby naps you grab a nap too! You are such a fabulous Mom, every day is a chance to make more wonderful memories and time passes so fast, Baby J will be off to school before you can even blink :) Sending heaps of huggles dear wee friend xxx

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks