Sunday, December 27, 2015

Keep Calm


So I am told...

Tuesday is my induction date. I am scheduled for 8 am. Baby will be 38 weeks 1 day. As I have never experienced an induction or giving birth I really have no idea what to expect or how long this process will take. I am hopeful that it will not be too painful and that our baby will be healthy.

I am very excited to meet this little one and see her. I wonder at her personality. 

I am busy thinking of all the things I have yet to do before baby arrives. Likely many of these things will never happen. We went shopping to the big city on Saturday, Boxing Day, of all times when I learned on Friday that our induction was scheduled for Tuesday for last minute essentials like diapers, baby wipes etc. It's interesting bringing your hubby along on shopping trips since he questions if you really need most items. As in do you really need a diaper pail? Said diaper pail did not make it into shopping cart. (Apparently the advertising on the side of the box horrified him..."can seal up to 270 diapers"...he could not imagine storing more than one soiled diaper in the house in a pail.)  Do I need one of these ladies? I do however have 384 size 1 diapers. Thank you Costco.

Even though I was told we would be induced it snuck up on me so fast. I am going to have a baby in 2015! not 2016 as I expected. Eeek! Exciting and terrifying!!

Shopping is a big deal when your 37 weeks and five days pregnant. Just rolling out of the car takes considerable effort. I think I am 65-75% prepared for baby according to the recommended shopping list. Shopping is challenging when you live in a small town and your only options are drive 45 minutes to a larger small city or shop locally with dismal selection at Superstore, Walmart or Sears. Looking back now I feel like I have a lot of should have, would haves which is silly really. For instance I should have ordered more online earlier. Shopping online is a challenge because I like to see the item before purchase. Remember my cyber Monday purchases? I only received half my order when the shipment was divided between Canada Post and UPS. Apparently the UPS delivery could not locate my address so the items were sent back. I re contacted GAP and was told the items were no longer in stock which I do not really believe but suspect they did not want to re ship for free at the discounted price. Aargh! 

My parents will arrive Tuesday, likely by the afternoon. I am glad for this and yet thinking of all the things I should have done to prepare for guests. Again unlikely to happen.  Luckily I have stocked the fridge as I also prepared for Christmas. 

I will likely be absent from this blog for a bit recovering, and adjusting. When I return I will introduce you all to my beautiful baby! 

Wish me luck and hold me and baby in your prayers. 



1 comment:

  1. It's Tuesday evening here in UK and I'm sending you mountains of love and hugs Rhonda, keeping you, Hubby and your dear wee one in my thoughts and prayers x Take care of you, rest and be well honey, your blog and us readers will all be here when you have time but first enjoy your new family and rest, huggles always dear wee friend xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks