Thursday, March 05, 2015

My Family Visits & A Book With Non-Human Characters: The Bees

It's been a busy few days here in the Batiuk hive with my parents visiting from out of town. It was fun to have them here and hear their laughter.

They are always giggling those two.


My mom can't sit still.


We went on numerous excursions from the house shopping, for coffee, for sight seeing, for walks, or for lunch.


To add to all the commotion my father in law fell off a ladder in Mexico without insurance which landed him in a hospital in Mexico for surgery. This is very expensive my friends. Buy your travel insurance. We were initially blissfully unaware of all of the flurry of activity, enjoying having my parents here, but now have been swept along into it as L and his brother research air ambulance options to transport him to Canada. I feel as if I have enterred into a different world considering arrangements for travel on a private Lear jet. 

My parents have continued on their journey now and I finished the last few pages of this novel The Bees this afternoon. It is a highly recommended read. It seems to me that when we were kids there were a gazillion books with non-human characters or animals as characters. I love books or movies with animal characters but most written for adults really are terrible. This one however is captivating.


Tomorrow we are off to SK. I am excited to view a downtown loft apartment which may be our temporary home until we sell this house and make a move. Such bad timing I have making these appointments when all around me the world is buzzing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day. Thank you for sharing.

Saturday Larks